Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Yesterday, I tracked down one of those free clinics and I was given a load of bog-standard antibiotics that the doctor himself admitted might be out of date. Better than nothing I suppose. I've also found a homeless shelter that will take me in, no questions asked, for one week, so that's helpful. Hopefully that'll be enough time to get a bit better so I can forge on to my intended destination.

Today, I thought that getting out and about a bit might do me some good, so I went to this big botanical garden just north of the city named after some Confederate tobacco tycoon. Seems almost tragic for such a beautiful place, awash with roses, to bear the name of a man who hastened the deaths of thousands, but that's America, I guess.

At any rate, I passed some hours there, just trying to relax. I almost managed to forget about the monster, even, but, of course, there were times when I looked up and he was standing among the roses like some diseased tree. Something is rotten in the state of the world.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got some medicine, I hope it helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always something rotten in the state of the world, wether or not you precive it is just relative to how close to it you are, and I suppose how rotten you are. You don't seem to have that second problem, however, at least not so much as some people. Good luck with your situation, and I hope you reach your destination soon.

    See you around
    -Free

    ReplyDelete