Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Buskin' Dude

So, I just got back from a nice little gig with Cassandra, my guitar. Well, it was my friends' gig, I was just opening for them because their opening act pulled out at the last minute. They offered to pay me in free drinks for the night, but I decided to pass. I don't really drink during the week, especially when I have classes the next day. I don't think my set was too bad. I opened with "Many of Horror" by Biffy Clyro, then went straight to "Forget You" by Cee-Lo Green, then finished it up with "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse. Yeah, I know, a fairly predictable selection but it was last minute and I just picked a few crowd-pleasers.

Anyway, I got my indie fix on the way to the gig. Some guy was busking in the street but he had no instruments, he was just singing and I asked if he wanted a hand. He said sure, showed me the chord sheets he had (I think the songs were all his own original compositions, at any rate, they were pretty damn good) and we knocked out a few songs before I had to continue on my merry way. Nice guy. He tried to offer me half the money but I told him I didn't need it and we parted ways.

Anyway, I'm fit to pass out, so I'd better hit the hay. Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment